Killarney is the perfect location for a family break. Home to 26,000 acres of National Park and located on the Ring of Kerry driving route, Killarney is surrounded with parkland, mountains, walkways and lakes and offers an abundance of family activities. Here are some of our top picks for families to enjoy:
- Venture across The Lakes of Killarney with a boat trip to Innishfallen Island.
- Cycle through Killarney National Park.
- Get up close and personal with the magnificent birds at Killarney Falconry.
- Visit Muckross House and Gardens and Muckross Traditional Farms.
- Explore Muckross Abbey - just a short walk from The Lake Hotel.
- Pony Trek through the woods with Killarney Riding Stables.
- Embrace the natural beauty of Torc Waterfall. We recommend hiking Torc Mountain - the views from the top are truly spectacular!
- Kayak across Lough Leine, departing from the historic Ross Castle.
- Pet the animals at the nearby Kennedy's Pet Farm.
- Take a horse and carriage tour, referred to locally as the Jarvey carts.
- Crack the code and challenge your mind with fun games at the Killarney Escape Rooms.
- Practice your golfing skills with a game of Pitch and Putt.
- Embrace the surrounding wildlife at The Lake Hotel - watch the native deer roam the grounds or spot the many bird species like eagles, egrets, herons and ducks.
- Enchant in The Lake Hotel's Fairy Trails.
- Take on The Lake Hotel's Treasure Hunt.
- Drive the famous Ring of Kerry - we recommend a visit to Skellig Chocolate Factory while you are in the South Kerry area!
To view our current Family Offers click here.