For those of you embracing some home baking, we have another great recipe to share with you. Executive Chef Noel Enright has prepared this wonderful lemon treat. Lemon Polenta Cake, served with a sweet berry compote and vanilla yoghurt.
Lemon Polenta Cake
You will need the following: Medium size oven tray, Food mixer, 2 bowls or containers
225g Caster Sugar
225g Ground Almond
4 Lemons Zested
1 ½ Lemons Juiced
115g Fine Polenta
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Tin of Strawberries
Mixed Berries (fresh or frozen)
Begin by making a strawberry Couli. Pour out half the syrup from the strawberries. Place the remaining components of the tin in a liquidiser and blitz to a smooth sauce consistency.
Mix berries with the Couli and warm gently in a pan for 2 to 3 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
If using frozen berries just defrost, strain off the liquid and add berries to Couli and it’s ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 150 Celsius/Gas mark 2.
- Beat the butter and sugar in your food mixer until smooth. Scrape the mix away from the side of the bowl with a plastic spatula or spoon.
- Mix eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest in one bowl.
- Mix polenta, almonds and baking powder in the other bowl.
- Then combine all ingredients by folding the egg mix and polenta mix into the butter mix.
- Spread out on the baking tray and bake at 150 Celsius for approximately 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tray and cut into portions. Serve warmed with berry compote and vanilla yoghurt.