For this week's weekly recipe, Noel Enright is sharing something fun for all the family. Grab a tea, coffee, hot chocolate, or a glass of milk to enjoy with these scrumptious Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
115g Caster Sugar
85g Brown Sugar
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
310g Plain Flour
2 level teaspoons of Baking Powder
120g Dark Chocolate Chips
50 Walnuts (crushed)
- Beat butter, brown sugar and caster sugar together to a soft consistency. Gradually add the egg.
- Mix the baking powder with the flour and add to the egg mix. Fold in the chocolate and walnuts.
- Split the mix in two and roll into cylindrical shapes wrapped in clingfilm.
- Place in fridge until hard.
- Slice portions off and place on a flat tray lined with greaseproof or baking paper. Allow space between portions to allow the pieces to spread.
- Bake at 180c/Gas Mark 4 for 15 minutes or until the biscuits start to go a golden colour.
Chef's tip: The cookie dough holds for up to 5 days in your fridge but it can also be frozen and kept for longer.