Award winning chef Noel Enright is really looking forward to getting back to what he does best, which is, cooking exquisite dishes for our lovely guests. In the meantime, he is going to share some recipes for you to try at home. Here’s a tasty treat for you to recreate, a real classic - Apple Crumble!
For the crumble:
- 165g plain flour
- 110g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 55g brown sugar
- 55g oatflakes
For the base:
- 6 cooking apples
- Caster sugar (enough to sprinkle)
- Preheat the oven to 190c /Gas mark 5.
- Mix all the ingredients for the crumble together. This can be done by rubbing by hand but a food mixer is quicker and easier.
- Mix to a fine breadcrumb consistency.
- To finish, peel and slice the 6 cooking apples, layer into a casserole dish, sprinkling the layers with caster sugar. Top with the crumble mix.
- Bake for approximately 25 mins/ until you get a nice golden colour on the crumb.