Lake hotel traditional brown bread
Savour traditional brown bread from the comfort of your home. Chef Noel has shared a simple and delicious recipe for you to follow.
Ingredients (makes 1 loaf):
- Wholemeal flour 260g
- Plain flour 75g
- Bran 37g
- Caster sugar 37g
- Bread soda ½ teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Eggs 1
- Buttermilk 300 ml (approx)
- Sunflower oil 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven at 180c/Gas mark 4.
- Begin by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Then simply add in the remaining ingredients and mix everything by hand.
- The mixture will form a moist texture.
- Grease a bread loaf tin and transfer your mix into the tin.
- Oven bake at 180c/Gas mark 4 for 45mins.
- You can sprinkle the top with oat flakes or mixed seeds before cooking for a little extra if you like.