Award winning chef Noel Enright is really looking forward to getting back to doing what he does best, cooking exquisite dishes for all our lovely guests. In the meantime, he has prepared some tasty recipes for you to try at home. For the weekend that's in it, we thought these Chocolate Puddings make for the perfect Easter treat. We hope you like them....
Lake Hotel Chocolate Pudding
The below ingredients will make 7 portions. Equipment required: Food mixer and pudding bowls.
170g chocolate (55% if you can get it)
2 Medium Eggs
1 level teaspoon Bread Soda
1 level teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas mark 4.
- Grease pudding bowls with soft butter and then coat with caster sugar. Put aside.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces.
- Bring milk to the boil and pour over the chopped chocolate to melt it, add the bread soda.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the mixer and then add the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder with flour.
- Gradually add the flour and chocolate to the ingredients already in the mixer (butter, sugar & eggs) and mix well.
- Pour mix into pudding bowls, filling up 2/3rd of the way and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- After cooking allow to cool to touch and then cut off the excess chocolate before popping out onto a wire rack.
- Serve hot with chocolate sauce and ice cream.