500g Self Raising Flour
1 level teaspoon Baking Powder
110g Butter (cubed)
55g Caster Sugar
2 Lemons (zested)
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
150 ml Buttermilk
- Preheat the oven at 200c/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Rub in butter to a breadcrumb consistency, tip in sugar and zest and continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla extract and then slowly pour in the buttermilk until the mix forms a soft dough mix.
- Roll out dough to between 2 and 3 cms in thickness.
- Cut out scones and egg wash the top.
- Bake at 200c/Gas Mark 6 for 15 to 17 minutes. For fan oven, bake for 12 to 15 minutes.