1 finely diced onion, 50g smoked bacon, 100g wild mushrooms, 2 cloves of garlic crushed, 150g arborio rice, 1 glass of dry white wine, 750ml vegetable stock, 20g grated parmesan, 1 tbsp mascarpone
• For the risotto, place the onions, garlic and bacon into the pan and cook until the onions are soft and transparent.
• When the onions are cooked, add the rice, and stir until the rice is very hot.
• Add the white wine and reduce. Begin to add the vegetable stock little by little, stirring continuously until the rice is al dente then remove the pan from the heat and leave to stand.
• To complete the risotto, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry for a few minutes.
• When the mushrooms have softened, mix them through the risotto and cook the rice for a further few minutes.
• Once the rice is soft, stir in the parmesan and mascarpone, season with black pepper and a little Irish rapeseed oil. Serve with toasted garlic ciabatta.