The safety of our guests and colleagues is paramount to us. Following guidelines issued by the HSE, WHO, our Government and Failte Ireland, we have implemented our Lake Care Policy, rolling out enhanced protocols & advanced training to ensure The Lake Hotel is a safe environment for you & your loved ones. We are continuing to monitor government guidelines closely. Our team have completed advanced safety and hygiene training and we have received the Failte Ireland Covid19 Safety Charter.
We are thrilled to be welcoming guests back again and do so with hygiene and safety at the forefront of all areas of the hotel. We have undertaken departmental assessments to identify necessary changes to the day-to-day running of our business, ensuring our services are delivered to you with every precaution possible. As a family run hotel, in keeping with our core values, our primary focus is the health and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues.
As third generation hoteliers, a long tradition of hospitality awaits, a warm Huggard family welcome and exemplary customer service is what we pride ourselves on. Combining this level of care with enhanced hygiene protocols will ensure you have an enjoyable and safe experience when you visit The Lake Hotel. When you are ready to travel again, it would be our pleasure to take care of you in our safe haven. Having reviewed all areas of your guest experience, the following actions are being taken at The Lake Hotel:
Reception and Communal areas:
- Hand Sanitiser units have been put in place at entrances and exits of the hotel, throughout all public areas including reception and dining areas.
- Social distancing will be implemented throughout the hotel, and at hotel reception. Signage and markings will be in place in the hotel lobby and at the reception desk to ensure safe social distancing is implemented for a safe check-in and check-out process.
- Screens are being fitted on counters throughout the hotel.
- We will issue a pre-arrival form and a digital welcome pack to reduce the exchange of forms and pens at reception. We aim to eliminate as many common touch points as possible.
- We encourage a contactless payment, asking guests to pay by card and accept email receipts where possible. For guests wanting to pay in cash, we are implementing a non-touch system, using a payment tray which will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each transaction.
- Credit card terminals will be cleaned and disinfected between use. Key cards will be disinfected after each stay.
- HSE guidelines and posters are displayed throughout the hotel.
- Regular deep cleaning is carried out throughout the hotel. All surfaces and common touch points including the reception counter, door handles, stair banisters, chairs, and elevator buttons are being cleaned, sprayed and disinfected multiple times each day. We have appointed additional cleaning staff across all areas.
- Windows and doors will be opened to allow fresh air to circulate throughout public areas.
- Check in time from 4pm
- We encourage guests to wear masks in public areas of the hotel where social distancing is not possible.
- As always, our award winning accommodation team will carry out an impeccable deep clean and full sanitisation of all guest bedrooms.
- Extra time will be assigned per room to allow for high risk areas to be thoroughly sanitised. All common touch points are being cleaned and disinfected, including phones, remote controls, handles and switches.
- We have removed non-essential common touch items from the bedrooms including guest literature; guest directory magazine, brochures, room service menus, newspapers and magazines.
- Guest in-room dining menus and guest directory magazines will now be supplied digitally, via email.
- Non-essential decorative textiles and furnishings will be removed from the bedrooms, i.e. bed throws & cushions.
- We have our own onsite laundry facilities so we can ensure the utmost of care is taken in handling the treatment and sterilisation of bed linen. Our Bed linen is always washed and sterilised at over 70 degrees to eliminate any potential bacteria and viruses.
- For guests staying multiple nights, rooms will not be cleaned while guests are inside. We ask you to indicate at check-in how often you would like your room serviced and at what times.
Dining & Beverages:
- We have restructured our dining areas and seating arrangements to ensure social distancing is in place throughout all dining outlets.
- We have reduced the amount of tables in our Castlelough Restaurant and Lakeside Bistro. We have opened up additional dining areas throughout the hotel to compensate for the reduced occupancy in our traditional dining areas. Alfresco dining space has also been expanded to ensure a minimum of 2 metres between each guest.
- Breakfast buffet items will be served by a member of The Lake Hotel team.
- We have changed the materials on our printed menus to ensure thorough cleaning and sanitising of menus before and after use.
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitised between each use.
- Condiments will be removed and sterilised between use.
- Table cloths are changed between each sitting. We have our own onsite laundry facilities so we can ensure the utmost of care is taken in handling the treatment and sterilisation of table cloths, which are always washed and sterilised at over 70 degrees to eliminate any potential bacteria and viruses.
- Drinks will be available by table service, ensuring no congregation at bar counter and safe social distancing is adhered to.
- We encourage a contactless payment, asking guests to pay by card where possible.
- Our team have completed advanced Covid-19 specific safety and hygiene training.
- Regular deep cleaning, washing and sterilisation is carried out across all areas.
Wellness and Fitness Centre:
- Our therapists have completed enhanced training to ensure our services are delivered with safety and hygiene as a primary focus.
- Additional time will be allocated in between treatments to ensure the treatment room is cleaned and disinfected after each use. The amount of treatments completed per day will be reduced.
- Our team will wear the necessary personal protective equipment to perform treatments.
- We have removed all non-essential common touch points from our wellness centre area, including brochures, magazines, juices and fruits bowls.
- We recommend no more than 2 persons or one household group utilise our relaxation room, steam room and sauna at one time.
- We are limiting the capacity in our gym to 2 guests at one time. We asks guests to use antiseptic spray on machines after use.
- Regular deep cleaning and sanitisation of communal areas is carried out by our team throughout the day. All surfaces and common touch points are sprayed and disinfected multiple times each day. Additional cleaning staff have been allocated to these areas.
Whilst we hope that your travel arrangements will not be disrupted as a result of Covid-19, we are offering flexible cancellation terms and are happy to answer any cancellation or postponement queries you may have. For further information, please contact 064 6631035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are highly committed to preventing the spread of Covid-19 and are actively promoting the HSE guidelines regarding hygiene and preventative measures. We ask that our guests and employees remain up to date on these guidelines: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/protect-yourself.html